'Sirens' by 'The Gray Havens'

     This is the kind of music I really like. The kind made by people you trust to glorify the Lord in their music, although their songs are like parables. For me, songs like this are a treasure hunt. I search and find little underlining gems of truth, encouragement, and meaning.

     I like this song because my interpretation (don't limit  yourself to my option, decide for yourself what you think it means and tell me in the comments!)  of it deals with sadness. The sirens are the symbol of sorrow. Enticing, drawing, and dragging their victims into their clutches. I think despair is almost a hug, comforting and claustrophobic. Tight are the arms that binds you, part of you longs to stay and part of you knows that you've been there too long, that its time to move on. When you linger past the point of no return, as we witnessed the man achieve, there is always redemption to lean on, to turn to.

If the siren's song is calling you to hole yourself up under your covers, remember that Jesus sees you, knows you, and loves you! Recollect the joy that is available in Christ. It's better than you know.

Please tell me what you think the song means in the comments. Did you like the song? If you have a favorite song topic, such as love, sadness, longing, faith, courage... the list goes on, I would love to know!

Comments

  1. It also could be a song about a backsliden Christian. Either way I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts