Worthy of my attention

      This video is a creative work of art. The colors used are like sweet eye candy, simply delightful. Also the range of looks achieved in the characters upholds interest and excitement. The message broadcasts throughout the film, which declares that material things and even people, will let you down but the deep love of God will not, is so relevant to this present time.

     As we spend time, money, and energy on people and things, it is important to also pour into a relationship with the Lord. Unlike people He is always there, ALWAYS. His perfect, unconditional love is totally available. He won't let you down. He never forgets about you; He never loses interest in you; He never breaks down on you.

     He is worthy of our time, attention, and affection. He made us. He understands us. He paid for us on the cross. Who or what deserves your attention more than he? Who or what is more helpful to your own development than He? Therefor, is there anything better to spend your time on than doing His work or dwelling in his presence?

     It is quite easy to declare such a lifestyle as best, it is another thing to live that lifestyle. This world is full of distractions. Smart phones, game systems, books, YouTube, movies, sports, and social media beg for our time, and linger in our thoughts. I will not even pretend to think that I spent all the time I possibly could in prayer, worship and biblical study. My devotional time is pushed to the back of my list too often, under loads of schoolwork, chores, extra curricular activates. Even friendships are distracting. I find if I am annoyed or bored, I am more likely to call a friend than to strike up a conversation with my God.

     Though non of the distractions I mentioned were sins, I would hate for them to take up the time that is rightfully the Lord's. It is healthy to evaluate what one does with ones time. To meditate on what may be holding you stagnate, is important if you want to move forward. Think about it like a sport. My choice sport is disc golf, which is almost exactly like golf, but you throw a disc (a frisbee type thing) instead of hitting a ball. When I lose a tournament, I consider how I played that day. I ask myself what I did that caused me to lose. Maybe it was that I couldn't throw far enough, or perhaps I missed too many putts, whatever it was, if I want to get better, I need to find my weak spot so that I can strengthen it.

     If you want to move forward in your relationship with God, you need to find out what is holding you back. If I want to swim to the bottom of the ocean, but I'm wearing a life jacket, I need to know what is holding me up on the surface before I can begin to swim deeper.

     I would love to encourage you to find out what distraction is holding you back, so that you may move forward. There is always more out there.


Keep Moving Forward! 

     Have a blessed week. Leave me a comment and subscribe to Paper Cuts.

















Comments

Popular Posts