"Get Down" by "Audio Adrenaline"

     OK, this week we are going back to 2009, when I would slip this in my CD player and dance around my room. Every time they would sing, "I get down," I would squat as low as I could, then when they sang, "He lifts me up," I would jump up. As fun as I had squatting, then jumping, then squatting, then jumping, I don't believe I truly knew what the words to this silly song meant. Looking back on it now, I understand what message Audio Adrenaline was trying preach in this song. When, "I get down," aka humble myself, I am lifting up Christ. I also like the interpretation that states when I am down (or as I like to say, 'In the depths of despair,') I know that the Lord is there waiting to comfort me and help carry the load. This song was chosen this week for all those who are ready to decrease so that Christ may increase in their lives; the ones who need to be lifted up. Comment what your childhood jam was, if you liked enjoyed this post, or if you have a Song of the Week suggestion!

Comments

Popular Posts