I Adore Books...*loving sigh*








Welcome to My Book Club

     We are all time travelers, constantly shifting from one moment to the next; we are all actor on a great stage, acting out our daily lives; we are all adventurers, as we act through our uncontrollable time, breathing, loving, crying, and laughing. But one thing we cannot ever achieve is to hear the thoughts of another person who treads the path we are on, we cannot live in another body feeling everything they feel, and knowing why they feel that way. Since I have learned this, I have realized that in the reading of a book I can pass all of these boundaries, with each turn of the page I can move back in time acting as another person would, experiencing what they feel, think and love, in one brilliant adventure, where the only limit is the writer's imagination.

     I have come to believe I would be quite lost without my vast, lovely worlds, each so different and new, some filled with horrors, other fill with nothing but bliss, all marvelous in its own way. I have been many places, I have felt many things through the beautiful magic of tiny black words scattered along yellowed pages. At night I close my eyes and send myself back to one of those glorious worlds I love and fancy myself there until I am there in my dreams.
   
     Although I read excessively, I have never been a part of a book club. I once tried to start one with my friends, who are not readers, you probably guessed already that in didn't go anywhere. I would love to have a place to discuss the novels I read and love. So I have obviously chosen my blog to be my place. I have decided to do book reviews now and then, and would love your feed back on that idea.




Since we are now a book club we must have a list of books we have read and love, seeing as I am the only member, it is I who have made the list. Add a book to the list by commenting the title of a book you love. Also comment if you like a book on the list.


  1. Pride and Prejudice (and any other Jane Austen novel)
  2. Anne of Green Gables 
  3. Alice in Wonderland
  4. Jane Eyre
  5. The Lunar Chronicles
  6. The Hunger Games
  7. The Goose Girl
  8. Stealheart
  9. The Starlighter Series
  10. The Cloak of Light

Ten is a good number so I will stop there, although I take pleasure in many other novels. Lets get the list to fifteen.


















Comments

Popular Posts