'Peace Be Still' by 'Lauren Daigle'

    Another Lauren Daigle song! I chose this, as song of the week, because it is my wish to encourage and lift you up. This song goes out to all my peeps who (like me) struggle to live peacefully, day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. Its not easy to live trusting completely in God, believing that He is with you and cares about you and will care for you, but that's what living peacefully is. Its not stressing out about what you have to do today or tomorrow or next week but trusting that God has control over every situation. Living peacefully is also trusting that God made you exactly how He wants you to be, your height, talent, smarts, eye color, foot size, accomplishments, coolness;) creativity level, athletic ability, style, and personality, are all as they should be. because He made you as you are.
   
     1 Peter 5:6-7 says,"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for YOU."
     This commands us to cast all of our anxiety on the Lord. Not only the ones we feel like, not only the ones we think He would care about, but all of them! Because He cares, He does not want us to walk through life worrying about this or that, which only declares that we don't have faith in Him to take care of us, He wants us to humble ourselves and recognized  that "I don't got this, but He does".
   
     Recently a friend asked me how my week was and I replied,"Let's just say I lost this week," meaning that it was not the best week of my life, I began this claim of losing the week or winning it because its easier to say, "I lost this one, I'll win the next!" than to explain that I had lost battles to fear, anger, and anxiety, which tainted my week. I was somewhat startled to hear her reply, which was,"No you didn't. Every week you have Jesus, you win!" How true is that! When I compare my little worries to what God has forgiven me of, the amounts He has paid, how can I be down in the dumps or stressing about being good enough. Why should I choose to dwell on those fears when I can look forward to the eternity spend with my Father in heaven! Let us not wallow in earthly troubles, but look forward to eternal joy! I wrote this for me as a reminder, but I hope it encouraged you as well!

Comments

Popular Posts